Last updated: 19 January 2022
For the Phone Check and Test app (V13.8 and later). Version 13.4 and earlier are no longer supported, please update to the latest version or contact us.
Terms and Conditions
Phone Check and Test – Your agreement
- inPocket Software grants you a license to use this app for your personal, non-commercial purposes on your mobile phone or tablet. It is revocable and non-transferable and does not transfer any rights in the app to you.
- You must not copy any of the intellectual property in this app or use the app in a way that is contrary to this agreement.
- You may only use this app as a download from the Google Play Store. You may not use this app through any other installation mechanism, including, but not limited to, ‘sideloading’ the app from a computer, USB drive, or non-Google website. You may not include this app in an integrated test solution. For usage other than that described, written permission from inPocket Software is required.
- It is a condition of use that it is understood and accepted that Phone Check and Test will not help find all types of problems with Android devices. It is not possible for an app to detect every problem with an Android device. Phone Check and Test provides checks and tests for many of the main Android device functions. It is recommended that you back up your device data before running stress tests. Whilst reasonable effort is made to validate the accuracy of the information, checks, and tests provided, this cannot be guaranteed. You can let us know if you have a problem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone Check and Test is designed to be used by a person with a goal of finding device problems and is hence not suitable for activities, including, but not limited to, remote end-user testing for the purposes of offering device insurance.
- This app must not be used for testing devices to be used for high-risk activities.
- The in-app purchase will provide additional features and email support. An in-app purchase is required for every user.
- Privacy and Data safety (app functionality):The Phone Check and Test app processes some information about the Android device ‘ephemerally’ (lasting a short time). That is, the phone information displayed to the user, or used to test the device is only stored in memory for a short time and for the sole purpose of displaying the phone information to the user and testing the device. This includes phone information such as device identity, cellular network information, Wi-Fi information, IP address, Bluetooth information, camera images, microphone data, and geographic location. For example, microphone recorded information may be used to test if the microphone is functioning on the device.
This information is not collected (transmitted off the user’s device).
This information is not shared (transferred to a third party).
The user may choose to email the Phone Check and Test report to an email address of their choosing.
- You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the app software.
- No warranty. To the extent permitted by law, we do not represent, warrant or guarantee the suitability, completeness, accuracy of any information, check or test in this app, or that the app will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free.
- Limitation of liability. In no event shall inPocket software, its officers, employees or contractors be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential, or punitive damages whatsoever relating to the use of Phone Check and Test. Use of Phone Check and Test is at your sole risk, on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- This agreement and any dispute relating to the app or to this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia. You agree and consent that jurisdiction and the proper venue for all claims, actions, and proceedings of any kind relating to inPocket Software or the matters in this Agreement shall be exclusively in courts located in NSW, Australia.
- Upgrades will be subject to the provisions of this agreement.
- We may change, add or remove parts of this agreement at any time.
- We may terminate this agreement and cease providing the app at any time. You may also do so by uninstalling the app.
In order to use the Phone Check and Test app, you must agree to these terms and conditions. Otherwise, you should uninstall the app now.