The information below is intended for users that need to install andTest on a large number of devices for QA purposes.
By default Android blocks the installation of apps from unknown sources, i.e. sources other than Play Store. For all of the steps below you first need to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources. This is Settings->Security->Unknown sources.
After installing andTest, you should return this setting to the original setting.
Install from inpocketsoftware.com
- From the Android device, open the Chrome browser and click andTest.apk;
- Click OK when prompted with “This type of file can harm your device…”;
- Once downloaded, click on the “andtest.apk Download complete” notification and when Prompted “andTest … INSTALL” click install.
Install from a PC
To do once:
- From the PC, open a browser and download andTest.apk.
Then for each device:
- Connect the Android device to the PC with a cable;
- On the Android device: By clicking on the USB notification, change the phone USB connection from “USB for charging” to “Transfer files”;
- On the PC: Using File Manger, open the Download directory (e.g. Computer\MotoG3\Internal storage\Download);
- On the PC: Copy the andtest.apk from your PC to the Android “Download” directory;
- On the Android device: Click on the “Downloads” icon, and click andtest.apk. When Prompted “andTest … INSTALL” click install.